
The population of "new Zruč" grew rapidly after the arrival of the Bata, a. s., Zlín concern. Therefore, it was necessary to provide basic amenities for the newcomers and residents of Bata in Zruč. Since at the turn of 1939 and 1940 only the first factory building and the oldest residential houses stood in the factory town of Zruč nad Sázavou - Bat'ov, the grocery store was located in one of the newly built double houses of the Zruč 1939 type. The semi-detached house was situated in the lower part of the housing estate near the future town centre, specifically in today's Školní Street No. 527.
The application for the adaptation of the semi-detached house into a shop was approved on 1 February 1940. The semi-detached house was divided into a grocery shop, a butcher's shop and one apartment unit. In place of the kitchen windows, new entrances with windows were broken through and the internal layout of the building was changed. The smallest part of the building was occupied by the butcher's shop, which was situated on the site of the original kitchen and bathroom. The remaining part of the bathroom served as a toilet. The butcher's shop also included a cellar and a pantry.
The second part of the semi-detached house housed a grocery store across the entire length of the building. The original living room in the second half of the semi-detached house was used as a store room, from which it was possible to go up a staircase to the second store room in the place of the original children's room. The bathroom for the occupants of the house had to be moved to replace the pantry. To make the apartment accessible directly from the hallway, the orientation of the staircase was changed. The living rooms were located on the first floor. The original bedroom served as a living kitchen, from which new entrances led to a children's room, a bedroom in the second half of the semi-detached house and a pantry in place of the original hallway.
The street facade had a representative appearance, for which opaxite glass was used in the space between the shop windows and above both entrances. Artificial stone was installed under the shop windows and the area in front of the shop was paved. Although the shop was already in operation in the spring of 1940, the facade was not completed until the autumn of that year. Today, the house at 527 Školní Street is privately owned and used for family housing.